Enjoy a local tour through the medina and meet local artisans of Fes. Learn more about Moroccan art and enjoy shopping in local cooperative
There are quite a lot of activities to do in Fes especially in its medieval Medina; craft is considered to be the catchiest activity. Wherever you go you will come across various marvelous local products made by craftsmen.
The leather is certainly an interesting site since the city contains the oldest tannery in the world which dates back at least 9 centuries ago. In this tannery, high-quality leather products are manufactured such as coats, shoes, slippers, bags, etc. All these goods are concocted manually without modern machinery.
Carpets is another fascinating site of the Medina, most people fall in love with the combination of colors and the significant symbols which are included in these carpets and rugs. The design, the weaving and the embroidery of these carpets differ according to the tribe the two famous Berber ones are Zemmour and Zaiane.
Fes is very famous by its most magnetic and finest Moroccan pottery and ceramics come from this Imperial City. The pottery pieces are also handmade; their beauty is derived from the complex creative skills and knowledge transmitted elaborately from one generation through another.
Wood arts and crafts are also admired by both local and people from different parts of the world. Once you are walking around the alleys of the medieval maze of Fes you will find an illustration of wood crafts either in the amazing traditional doors, in the aesthetic ceilings which please the senses, and also in the gorgeous Nejjarine which is the Museum of Wooden Arts and Crafts.
By this handicraft and similar tours you definitely experience the real cultural treasure of Morocco.
• Learn Moroccan Art with local artisans
• Visit of the Berber women co-op making Berber carpets
• Explore a pottery workshop in the Government Learning Center
• Enjoy a special tour in the oldest tannery in Africa
• Spend unforgettable time in the best Antic shop in Fes
• PLEASE NOTE •
* 24/7 Customer service & instant confirmation for your booking *
* Enjoy the freedom to book now & pay later *
* Departure everyday Guarantee & recovery of & to your accommodation *
* Some monuments & sites can be closed to the public during religious & days holidays *
* Our activities can be modified as the client wish *